Monday, October 14, 2013

Family, a wedding, and dancing

So it's not a little thing to me, it's a big one, but this weekend has been all about family. I managed to see all of my siblings and my husband's siblings and their significant others, both of our parents, and most of our nieces and nephews this weekend. They all mean a lot to me and I enjoy time spent talking and hanging out with all of them, and I love when our kids and their cousins can spend time together. I have great memories of time spent with my extended families growing up, and want the same for my own kids.

On Saturday, my cousin got married, and it was a beautiful fall day, and a beautiful wedding. It was so nice to see some of my friends and lots of my relatives. It was nice to chat and catch up, and it was nice to dance the night away. I love me some dancing! (Plus, it was a great workout, right?!) :)  I also loved that my mom and husband took some time with the baby so I could dance up a storm. 

It was also a lot of fun to watch my cousin's and his bride's nieces and nephews dance like no tomorrow. I'm sure they were completely exhausted the next day, but they had a ball, and what a great memory! It was also fun to dance with my cousin's 5 year old niece. She just danced and danced (and I tried to keep up with her!). She beamed and beamed. You know the saying, dance like no one is watching. I think that's exactly what we did, even though lots of people were watching. It was a fun time, and lucky me, I get to do it all over again on Friday at my brother-in-law's wedding! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog address so I can read yours as well! :)