Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Challenges update

Halfway there! I have been working through some challenges for the month of October, and thought today would be a good day to report on my progress so far.

Water - I have drank at least 8 cups of water pretty much everyday this month.

Crunches - I can do 90 crunches.

Plank - I am able to do the plank for 1 min 45 sec.

Squats - I can do 60 squats in a row.

Exercise - I exercise for at least 30 minutes 5-6 times a week.

Blog - I have managed to write a blog post for everyday this month, and I'm enjoying it. I blog for fun, and to record the little things about life. I enjoy writing, and it's been neat to try to think of different things to write about.

"Me Time" - I use this time to read a devotional with Bible verses and pray. I hope to get better at this challenge in the next couple weeks, and will work on it in Nov.

Pushups - I despise and suck at pushups and can do about 10 real ones... Aiming to do better with these in the next couple weeks, and will probably continue this challenge in Nov as well.

Eating fruits & veggies - It may be sad to admit, but this one is a work in progress... I can do 3-4 most days, but am aiming for 5 each day.

So that's that. I am really working on being happy with what I have accomplished, as opposed to focusing on where I did not succeed, as that often causes me to quit or give up. I feel great about how things have gone so far, and even managed to lose 2.5 lbs and 5 inches. Yay!

I am especially grateful to my sister, a friend from university, and some other friends who have been motivating and encouraging me this month! Thank you all!!

Lots of little (big) things for today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog address so I can read yours as well! :)